Waterfront Accommodation in Alert Bay, B.C.
- Catch the 2:10 pm or a later ferry to Cormorant Island (check in time is after 3:00 pm). The last of six ferries to the Island leaves Port McNeill at 9:30 pm. Don't worry, we'll wait for you if you're on the last boat at 9:30 pm - but please call ahead!
- We'll offer you a coffee or tea, a map of the Island and introduce you to activities on the Island.
- Head over to historic Telegraph Cove for a half day of whale watching, or go with a local whale watching operator. Go to Wildlife Tours.
- Relax on the ocean-view deck with your favourite beverage and watch sunset.
- Spend the day visiting the U'Mista Cultural Centre, the Ecological Gardens, the Big Tree Trail and the T'sasala Cultural Group. All are within walking distance of Alert Bay Lodge.
- In the evening have dinner out at one of several restaurants.
- Full day grizzly bear viewing. The 12 passenger boat picks up just down from Alert Bay Lodge at 7:00 am and returns at approximately 4:00 pm.
- In the evening, enjoy a stroll east from Alert Bay Lodge along the ocean road into the residential areas. Enjoy a glass of wine on the sundeck as the sun sets.
- Relax with a leisurely breakfast and say farewell to your fellow guests.
- Check out time is 11:00 am.
- On the way to the ferry do some last minute shopping.
If you'd like to check in early, please call us at 1.800.255.5057.