Waterfront Accommodation in Alert Bay, B.C.
Please feel to contact us to book the tour activities described below.
- Catch the 2:10 pm sailing from Port McNeill, arriving in Alert Bay by 2:45 pm.Check into Alert Bay Lodge- check in time is 1:00 pm.
- Stretch your legs by walking west two kilometres into town along the ocean road. Along the way, you pass by the 'Namgis Burial Grounds.Shop at several stores featuring native art and visit the Tourist Info Booth.
- Inquire to if the T'sasala Cultural Group is giving dance performances at the Big House (generally, it’s every Thursday and Saturday).
- Head over to historic Telegraph Cove for a half day of whale watching, or a day kayak tour. Go to Wildlife Tours.
- The vessels used by these companies are approximately 55' in length and can accommodate approximately 47 passengers.
- We can also arrange for a private boat to pick you up in Alert Bay for tour of the local islands, including wildlife viewing.
- Spend the afternoon visiting the U'Mista Cultural Centre, the Ecological Gardens, the Big Tree Trail and the T'sasala Cultural Group. All are within walking distance of Alert Bay Lodge.
- In the evening have dinner out at one of several restaurants.
- Full day grizzly bear viewing. The 12 passenger boat picks up just down from Alert Bay Lodge at 7:00 am and returns at 4:00 pm.
- In the evening, enjoy a stroll east from Alert Bay Lodge along the ocean road into the residential areas.Enjoy a glass of wine on the sundeck as the sun sets.
- Relax with a leisurely breakfast and say farewell to your fellow guests.
- Check out time is 11:00 am.
- On the way to the ferry do some last minute shopping.
If you'd like to check in early, please call us at 1.800.255.5057.